http://dopelives.com/

Register or log in.

join our community today!

Home Page Home Page  [ 12 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Rumia Requesting Responses for Redevelopment
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:33 pm 
Gold Member

I think it's been nearly two months already? Might as well get the inevitable over with and ask for some raw onions.

So far streaming has been a blast, only real complaint is that I have less time for playing other games offstream. So I'd like to thank everybody for making it as fun as it is.

But straight to biscuits, I need to know what you guys like and dislike about my streams.

Here's what I've come up with so far:

=Good vibes=

Cool games
    Streaming fairly often
    Beating projects before starting new ones (more or less)

=Bad Vooju=

Low bitrate
    Gettin' mad at videogames
    Microphone noises
    Soaking up precious primetime

As far as my shitty upload is concerned, I'm actually looking into making a switch to improve my horrible upload! IIRC BT have a policy of throttling upload so even if the lines are still dicks, I can probably get a lot more. We'll see, there's currently some ******** over ISP's fucking up their address list so it might take longer than I'd like.

As for gettin' mad at videogames, I dunno! Does it ever get frustrating to watch? It might not be as bad as I think.

My microphone is literally just my headset microphone, I knock it off stuff and it's so close you can hear me scratch my nose etc. Hopefully it's not too irritating but I'm afraid a new mic is fairly low priority atm. (I'd need a new desk to fit a proper one on!)

Anothing thing I'm unlikely to fix is the time that I stream. Only time of the day I can do it unfortunately. This might not be an issue at all, but I hope I haven't overstreamed and stopped other streamers from getting projects started or anything like that. If I have though, we can work something out in modchat.

Anyway, have at me :D

Post subject: Re: Rumia Requesting Responses for Redevelopment
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:38 pm 
Site Admin

Get a better internet connection, get a better microphone.

Everything else is A-okay. Top tier follow-through on projects so far, and good, interesting games picked to stream. Looking forward to seeing more of the Tomb Raider series ;)

http://dopelives.com

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:40 pm 
Gold Member

+ No dealbreaking flaws, comfy streams.
+ Plenty of activity and projects.

Don't burn out too fast.

All the cool kids have a sig too :V
I cba updating this often enough to list my current projects :3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:43 pm 
Regular

Taking up 'prime time' is hardly a bad thing, this is what you should strive to get and deserve. I like that you try to stream often, finish your projects, and take suggestions and requests from the chat. The bitrate is not that much of a problem, since it puts you in the (temporary?) position of the streamer of old-school games, which aren't covered otherwise.
The only improvement suggestion I'd make is to perform the set-up prior to going live with the stream, otherwise you get a slow start, and try to establish proper volume levels as early as possible, so the rest of the stream is smooth sailing.
All in all, nice job, keep it up!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:50 pm 
Regular

Pros:
    P. entertaining streams
    Streams at good hours for most of the crowds
    Tries to pick games that he will for sure enjoy, for the enjoyment of the viewer
    O.K. at videogames
    Microphone and game sound quality are top tier, no noises to speak of (that I remember)
    A+ bants
    Evokes many 'rumia pls'es
    Usually has very interesting projects
-------------------
    Cons:
    Low bitrate
    Low-res gaymin' to boot with the above
    Is probably going to start the invasion of the chat with the triumvirate of ScotStreams
    Calls me a liar on-stream :(

Other than that, can't think of anything. You're a p. cool streamer, and a p. cool dude. Don't get corrupt with the chalice o' power.

Where I am from

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:54 pm 
Regular

+ Good games
+ Fun streams
+ a lot of streams

- that low bitrate
- some microphone problems

All in all I enjoy your stream and usually try to tune in whenever I can.

try hard or die trying

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:02 am 

I just finished watching all the ondemand Diskworld, Parasite Eve, and Harry Potter streams, so here's my feedback.

The Good Stuff:
* Loving the games. Seeing oldies and lesser known games on dopelives is fantastic plus the level of nostalgia-excitement you're encountering is fun to watch.
* Charming commentary. You're having a good time and it shows.
* Actually starting and finishing projects. Holy **** it is nice to see a game through for once.
* Amazing accent. The way you say book is fantastic.

The Meh Stuff:

* Stick to games with lower visual detail that don't change every frame (Point-and-clicks, 2D adventure stuff, etc) and you'll be okay. 3D games with dynamic cameras and lots of detail can turn things into a blurry mess for a moment before the compression can keep up.
* Audio stuff is fine. Oddly enough despite the lower-quality of your headset, there's less annoying-as-**** background and mouth-meat sounds as compared to streamers with nice mics.

Final Notes:
Everyone gets mad at videogames, just don't dwell on it or you'll turn into Rumiapee.
Stick to games you enjoy. Don't try to appease everyone. Don't stream too much or you'll Burnout Revenge. Keep on having fun.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:30 am 

Pros
+ Funny and interacts with the chat
+ Older games
+ Streams often

I think you are doing a great job and really have no complaints, keep doing what you are doing.
Maybe upgrade some computer stuff if you can, but I have really had no problems with sound or graphics. Nothing that have bugged me or made the streams hard to listen to or unwatchable.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:30 pm 

I really enjoy your streams. They are very cozy. I like the games you stream and how you interact with chat.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:18 am 
Gold Member

Rumia wrote:
So far streaming has been a blast, only real complaint is that I have less time for playing other games offstream.

Welcome to what I call the "livestreaming curse". :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Once you start playing games live to an audience, it's hard to go back and play (single-player oriented at least) games without thinking to livestream them! (hence my past Assassins Creed 1/2 one-time streams to try and encourage me to play them offline....)

I haven't watched sufficient streams of yours to form a real opinion at this point, so I'll have to remedy that asap and perhaps get back to you on this thread sometime.

Dopelives Livestreamer 2009-2016 (I finally beat HOGS!). I have returned on 17th June 2017 to livestream here once more!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/JohnSuitepee
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnSuitepee
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/johnsuitepee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:51 pm 
Gold Member

Thanks for all the kind words everybody :3

Seems like by far the biggest criticism is my bitrate/resolution, and I have to say after reviewing my recordings that I should never have been accepted with this upload :p

BUT
I called my ISP up today and got them to check some things, and it turns out fiber is in my area! So I'm stumping up the extra wonga just for this. I'm still waiting for a "Oops the fiber is only on the other side of the street" call, but if it all goes well I could be upgraded within 2 weeks!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:34 pm 
Gold Member

- Plays favourites and does requests according to how he currently likes the people requesting games, not in the order they have been added to his list.

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 12 posts ]