Home Page Home Page  [ 4 posts ] 
  Print view | E-mail friend
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: [Game] Severance: Blade of Darkness [PC]
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:01 pm 
Regular

From Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Severance:_Blade_of_Darkness
Quote:
Severance: Blade of Darkness is a 2001 3D fighting third-person PC action-adventure game created by (the now defunct) Rebel Act Studios and published by Codemasters. The original subtitle in direct translation from Spanish is Blade: The Edge of Darkness. Unfortunately, there was a TV show with the same title in the USA so the US publisher changed the subtitle to Blade of Darkness and the same label was pressed on the European copies as well, even though there is no sword bearing this name anywhere in the game.[1]

Severance has an immediately recognizable fantasy premise with swords, sorcery and the like. It features four playable characters: Tukaram, a barbarian; Naglfar, a dwarf; Sargon, a knight; and Zoe, an Amazon. Each character starts on a different map, has different preferences and selection of weapons, and has different strengths and weaknesses in terms of power, agility, and defence and, most importantly, different sets of combos or moves. As the character progresses through the game, it earns experience points which enables it to increase in level and gain new special attacks and abilities which are executed via combination of buttons and direction keys, much like a beat-em-up game. Some of these special attacks are weapon-specific and can deal out huge amounts of damage or hit multiple foes at one time.

Gameplay Videos:

Game Link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MM057MI0 - It appears that torrents for this game are either broken or have no seeders. This is my own copy and I know it works on Windows XP because I installed and played for an hour before packaging it. Install instructions, crack, windowed mode .dll, as well as two non-game breaking issues I came across are included in the readme.

Notes:
Severance was a game I found on the net around five years ago and has been sitting on my hard drive since then. The controls are somewhat stiff and take time getting used to, but the main attraction is the combat. It is a fairly simple hack and slash and doesn't require a massive amount of time to get into. The gore and decapitations are always a plus. I'm not sure if this game plays well with Procaster or FME, but if it does then it should be an entertaining stream. Requirements shouldn't be an issue, seeing as how this game was released in 2001. Apparently there are mods for this, but a vanilla play through would be just fine.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: [Game] Severance: Blade of Darkness [PC]
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:23 am 
Site Admin

Great post, downloading it right away to check out how it plays on my computer and such.

http://dopelives.com

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:20 pm 
Regular

I hope you enjoy it. It's a little aggravating in the beginning because of how small your stamina is and a limited moveset, but by level three things start to pick up.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:26 pm 
Regular

Oh man I used to visit my childhood friend just to play this game.
We always found armor but it was always dorf armor so you couldn't use it.

Report this post

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 4 posts ]