http://dopelives.com/

Register or log in.

join our community today!

Home Page Home Page  [ 29 posts ] 
  Print view | E-mail friend
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: The ban appeal of some_beach/alexwall
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:30 pm 

Since 2012(I think) I have been watching Dopelives Youtube videos and streams, back in 2012 joined the chat under a name I cannot remember as it was long ago and quickly realized that I was too young for the chat(as I was 15 at the time) and decided that I will just watch the streams and not go into the chat. Fast forward a year I decided to join the chat again under the name "Alexwall" I went under that name for about 4-6 months(I think) Then I was banned from the chat for I don't even remember what reason. After that I stayed away from the community for a while, then in 2014 I decided to give the community another try under the name "Some_Beach" hoping to be able to stay apart of the community. I have been told that since that my behavior has improved as far as not being a shithead kid and making the chat bad, then I was banned again for ban evading, which is odd because I think that the Alexwall account is un-banned anyways, but that's beside the point. I make this appeal because I would like to continue being apart of the community and(hopefully) add to it as a friendly face. I realize that joining under a alias instead of my original name was a stupid move, but I figured that if I were to join under the name Alexwall I would just be instantly banned again. I ask to be un-banned because I love the Dopelives community and would love to continue to be apart of it. I will make sure that I follow all of the rules, and I will try my best not to be involved in any conflict. Thanks for reading!

Report this post

Post subject: Re: The ban appeal of some_beach/alexwall
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:48 pm 
Site Admin

Whatever antics you were up to in the past (and they were pretty bad), I enjoyed having some_beach in chat. I wasn't aware that you were Alexwall up until recently and without that knowledge I don't think there's much to fault about your behaviour... except for joining under a different name and lying about it. That is understandable though, I suppose, joining as Alexwall would've given you instant scorn and likely an equally quick ban.

As far as I see it, you've been trying to redeem yourself, and been quite successful. You haven't acted like a **** nor shitted up the chat since you've returned, I've actually quite liked chatting and interacting with you during streams, and it's obvious that you actually care to join this place since you've been hanging around for all this time even after being banned etc.

I'll let others speak their mind, but unless someone makes a good counter-argument, I'd like to see you unbanned and be welcomed back in chat. I know we've had some differences in the past, but I urge everyone to give him another chance.

http://dopelives.com

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:52 pm 

Spoiler:
[quote="dopefish"]Whatever antics you were up to in the past (and they were pretty bad), I enjoyed having some_beach in chat. I wasn't aware that you were Alexwall up until recently and without that knowledge I don't think there's much to fault about your behaviour... except for joining under a different name and lying about it. That is understandable though, I suppose, joining as Alexwall would've given you instant scorn and likely an equally quick ban.

As far as I see it, you've been trying to redeem yourself, and been quite successful. You haven't acted like a **** nor shitted up the chat since you've returned, I've actually quite liked chatting and interacting with you during streams, and it's obvious that you actually care to join this place since you've been hanging around for all this time even after being banned etc.

I'll let others speak their mind, but unless someone makes a good counter-argument, I'd like to see you unbanned and be welcomed back in chat. I know we've had some differences in the past, but I urge everyone to give him another chance.

Thank you Dope.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:54 pm 
Gold Member

I pretty much echo what dope says, never really knew you when you were Alexwall but otherwise you seemed fine to me as Some_beach. Unfortunately my hands were tied when people showed me proof and due to our rules technically it was the right thing to do.

As long as you continue with how you are currently from how I have interacted with you recently, I can see you potentially being a welcome member in chat.

Current List

Space Crusade Atari ST, Icewind Dale 2 PC,Terranigma SNES, Persona 3:FES PS2 , Crusader: No Regret, Star Control 2 PC, Yakuza 4, Yakuza: Dead Souls, Quest for Glory 1-5

Twitter: http://twitter.com/Soulsilvatdope

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:57 pm 
Regular

I've no idea of how bad this person has been in the past, being fairly new myself, but if it was as bad as I heard, then let it be said that he's not really annoying at all now.

Let's keep the ****** around and see how it all turns out.

Spoiler:

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:57 pm 
Regular

Though how he handled it wasn't the best way (going as far as even denying he was alexwall in the dev chat where people were trying to help him), I don't see any real reason to have him banned currently. Plenty of people come back after a long time of being banned, and if people who are shitting up the chat like Niv- are fine with the mods, someone who can actually hold a nice conversation like Some_Beach should be welcome.

Last edited by Ezidnox on Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:58 pm 
Gold Member

The only thing I personally have against you at the moment, not counting you were a major **** as Alexwall: You join channels in TS filled with groups of people playing games, dont say ****, dont play the game and just sit in there. That is creepy as ****, for all I know you could be fapping in there. Youre weirding me out mang.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:04 pm 

[quote="WhattheHell"]The only thing I personally have against you at the moment, not counting you were a major **** as Alexwall: You join channels in TS filled with groups of people playing games, dont say ****, dont play the game and just sit in there. That is creepy as ****, for all I know you could be fapping in there. Youre weirding me out mang.

Mostly I don't play as I don't own the game, I try to talk but sometimes there is noting to say. Don't worry I am not fapping to your voices.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:05 pm 
Gold Member

[quote="dopefish"]Whatever antics you were up to in the past (and they were pretty bad), I enjoyed having some_beach in chat. I wasn't aware that you were Alexwall up until recently and without that knowledge I don't think there's much to fault about your behaviour... except for joining under a different name and lying about it. That is understandable though, I suppose, joining as Alexwall would've given you instant scorn and likely an equally quick ban.

[quote="ezidnox"]Plenty of people come back after a long time of being banned, and if people who are shitting up the chat like Niv- are fine with the mods, someone who can actually hold a nice conversation like Some_Beach should be welcome.

^ I agree with this.

However, today when you joined #freamonsmind and we discussed why you were banned you kept on lying.

Spoiler:
[15:50:14] <@XphomeWork> So... are you Alexwall?
[15:51:16] I'm not, even if I was there would no point evading as looking at the banlist his qmask isnt there, unless his ip was banned

(About his IP)
[15:58:03] Well I have no idea why I have the same one
[15:59:13] so by some ******** luck I got alexwall's ip?

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:07 pm 
Regular

My opinion?

I never really liked the guy. Alexwall, ajloveslily, Some_Beach, any of them. Sure, agreeable in some cases, but otherwise, we don't see eye-to-eye. While I wouldn't say that whoever he is behaves terribly, he does push boundaries, can be a bit callous, and while his behaviour has improved by a great factor, over time, his treatment of the situation(at times) is simply immature.
Alexwall doesn't seem like he's someone that would fit well in this community(and apparently my computer's English dictionary has "Some_Beach" in it and not "Alex"), and at one point(I believe, please don't quote me on this or hold me to it) has even expressed an open discontent for the community. Granted, we are sort of a band of elitist assholes, but I don't sit in chat to have conversations with people that will be here and be gone the next day. It's more about familiarity, but that's a topic for another time.

If he can drop the creep-act and stop the jade a bit, I might start to like the guy. As one of the more jaded people in the chat, I think he'd probably get along with most of the people here, but his age shows a bit more than I'd like.

I don't know if that happens with me, and if it does, someone should tell me.

That's my dos centavos.

Where I am from

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:14 pm 

Spoiler:
Holkin wrote:
My opinion?

I never really liked the guy. Alexwall, ajloveslily, Some_Beach, any of them. Sure, agreeable in some cases, but otherwise, we don't see eye-to-eye. While I wouldn't say that whoever he is behaves terribly, he does push boundaries, can be a bit callous, and while his behaviour has improved by a great factor, over time, his treatment of the situation(at times) is simply immature.
Alexwall doesn't seem like he's someone that would fit well in this community(and apparently my computer's English dictionary has "Some_Beach" in it and not "Alex"), and at one point(I believe, please don't quote me on this or hold me to it) has even expressed an open discontent for the community. Granted, we are sort of a band of elitist assholes, but I don't sit in chat to have conversations with people that will be here and be gone the next day. It's more about familiarity, but that's a topic for another time.

If he can drop the creep-act and stop the jade a bit, I might start to like the guy. As one of the more jaded people in the chat, I think he'd probably get along with most of the people here, but his age shows a bit more than I'd like.

I don't know if that happens with me, and if it does, someone should tell me.

That's my dos centavos.

I haven't said anything bad about the community... Sometimes people just don't fit well talking to each other, I fell that is the case with me and you, I will respect your dislike towards me and will do my best not to bother you, sorry.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:02 pm 

I did lie, and that was not a smart thing to do, however if I would have just joined as aAexwall i would have been as dope put it "instantly scorned" and more than likely banned, but that is however no excuse to lie.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:06 pm 
Regular

Known list of nicks used in the past 12 months:
Alexwall
ajloveslily
Ruleless
Thatdood
Some_Beach

Spoiler:
[10:28]   Sorry about shitting up chat before, and just generally being a *****. Won't happen again

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:13 pm 

I dont mind how you act in chat Alexwall, what I mind is that you consistently joined chat under different names to evade bans and each time you got banned AGAIN for being a ****. Alexwall, AJloveslilly, Ruleless, Some_Beach. You managed to get them all banned. You dont seem to me like someone whos ever gonna learn.

Furthermore the teamspeak thing, you say you arent sure why alexwall was ever banned? You joined TS channels and annoyed people who expressed no interest in talking to you. Then each time you come back under a new name you deny being alexwall despite straight up proof then double back and be like "I just didnt want banned again" Well heres a fact, ban evading is a bannable offense. Why you've been forgiven for consistent ban evading is beyond all reasonable thought.

I guess it comes down to **** moderation we'd rather smoke weed. Because seriously dope is on the dope if hes allowing this. Also stop fucking stalker joining TS channels especially when its a stream just for your 5 minutes of fame or whatever the **** you do it for.

FUCK Ga Mes Smok Weed

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:38 am 

[quote="AnimeWeedLord420"] Also stop fucking stalker joining TS channels especially when its a stream just for your 5 minutes of fame or whatever the **** you do it for.

I have no idea what the **** you mean by stalking TS, I have joined the TS once while someone was streaming and I asked before joining.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:53 am 
Gold Member

[00:52] * Some_Beach (~Some_Beac@Some-Beach.users.quakenet.org) has left #dopefish_lives (I am not really wanted in this chat ATM, I'm going to just leave for about a month or two, see you then.)

Kek
edit: Also just to make it clear, he hadn't spoken for three hours, so it's not like people were acting like cunts to him when he left

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:58 am 

Doniac wrote:
[00:52] * Some_Beach (~Some_Beac@Some-Beach.users.quakenet.org) has left #dopefish_lives (I am not really wanted in this chat ATM, I'm going to just leave for about a month or two, see you then.)

Kek
edit: Also just to make it clear, he hadn't spoken for three hours, so it's not like people were acting like cunts to him when he left

There is no point for me staying in a place where I am not wanted, like I said I'm going to give a month or two so things can calm down.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:07 am 
Gold Member

some_beach wrote:
Doniac wrote:

Kek

There is no point for me staying in a place where I am not wanted, like I said I'm going to give a month or two so things can calm down.

Will you get a new name or will you stay with this one?

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:16 am 

WhattheHell wrote:
some_beach wrote:
Doniac wrote:

Kek

Will you get a new name or will you stay with this one?

Ill stay as somebeach.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:32 am 
Gold Member

Mate, I don't give a **** if you're here or not, I don't mind you. I think you were a **** for ban evading, even if I understand your reasoning, and even more of a **** for lying about it being you when Xphome asked. But it isn't gonna help to wait a few months for it to calm down. People around here hold grudges, if you want to make your image better, stay the **** around and don't be a ****, don't lie to get your way. If you go away for a few months and then come back, people will still think you're a ****. It's better to just stick around and act chill.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:35 pm 
Regular

Can't say i've ever had a problem with Some_Beach as Some_Beach. Couldn't give a **** about his previous monikers they get banned and that's about as far as my giving a **** goes.

Spoiler:
They haven't figured out I'm skulker yet.

Spoiler:

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:00 am 
Regular

IMO, he became fairly annoying.

Spoiler:

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:02 am 

thus proving that i wasn't wanted in the chat in the first place.
for those who want it here is a paste of what ever the **** happened http://pastebin.com/zGA1UcmY

The way I saw it and I may be wrong here: Lewish stirred ****, whole chat went nuts, I got banned.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:20 am 
Gold Member

"thus proving that i wasn't wanted in the chat in the first place."
Well that was why you were banned in the first place, after all.... But meh, I don't give a ****.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:26 am 

[quote="Doniac"]"thus proving that i wasn't wanted in the chat in the first place."
Well that was why you were banned in the first place, after all.... But meh, I don't give a ****.

is there a point to

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:35 am 
Gold Member

The point is I find it weird to try to stay around in a community that permabans you
It's like wanting to stay with an abusive partner, although I doubt your feelings are that strong

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:50 pm 
Gold Member

[quote="McDevious"]IMO, he became fairly annoying.

While I agree that he has become more annoying...

[quote="some_beach"]thus proving that i wasn't wanted in the chat in the first place.
for those who want it here is a paste of what ever the **** happened http://pastebin.com/zGA1UcmY

The way I saw it and I may be wrong here: Lewish stirred ****, whole chat went nuts, I got banned.

^ This. LewishM, Niv- etc keeps bringing it up and provokes Some_Beach. Maybe it's not Some_Beach who needs a break...

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:29 pm 

Xphome wrote:
^ This. LewishM, Niv- etc keeps bringing it up and provokes Some_Beach. Maybe it's not Some_Beach who needs a break...

Yes m8, let's ban everyone who complained about a permabanned shithead being unbanned as a reward for ban evasion.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:32 pm 
Gold Member

He ban evaded and then only made an appeal when EXPLICITLY told to. I don't see why this is creating so much of a **** storm. If we followed the rules half of the chat and a good 75% of the streamers including myself would be bent. He broke the rules, got caught, lied about it, and wasn't oldfag enough to get away with it. Move on with your lives.

Report this post

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 29 posts ]